Ohio River Museum
Most educational programs at the Ohio River Museum are geared for 3rd through 8th grades with special programming available for all ages. Programs focus on the relationship between people and the river. View steamboat models and artifacts from hundreds of inland boats. Learn about freshwater mussels and the impact that invasive species such as the zebra mussel have had on native species. Many more learning opportunities are available. Ask for details when scheduling!
Ohio River Museum Programs:
- Tour of W.P. Snyder, Jr. plus steam engines and how they work (upon request)
- Stream Table: how streams are formed, flood plain, and effects of erosion, etc.
- Enviroscape Watershed Model
- Flatboats, Tows, and More Boats
- History of Wildlife of Ohio
- Fresh water mussels, invasive species and the historic button industry!
- Human activity and impact on our rivers and streams can be addressed in multiple programs.
Ask about Travels Through History! Bus transportation cost reimbursement available to Washington County schools through donations from area groups and individuals. When scheduling, ask for details.
If you have any questions or need clarification, please call or email: 740-373-3750 or email@example.com